Jargon is a highly specialized sort of shorthand which is used among followers of a particular trade or hobby, characterized by the usage of terms which are unfamiliar to most people. Speakers of jargon may also use common words in unusual ways, reflecting common usage among their group. Essentially, jargon is a language of technical terms, and it can be incomprehensible to people who are not familiar with the topic under discussion. Some people also use the term pejoratively, to describe nonsense language or language which is so overwrought that it is impossible to understand.
Example jargon words for the teacher :
- L1: refers to the first language (mother tongue).
- L2: usually refers to the second language.
- K.I.S.S: Keep It Short and Simple.
- A.V.A: Audio visual aids
- TPR: Total Physical Respons
- Lexis: Vocabulary
- Semantic: Meaning
- TTT: Teacher Talking Time
- STT: Student Talking Time
Posted by: Quzaitul Izzati bt Hisham
"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education".