Thursday, December 16, 2010

Check this out!

Mr. See owned a saw.
And Mr. Soar owned a seesaw.
Now See's saw sawed Soar's seesaw
Before Soar saw See,
Which made Soar sore.
Had Soar seen See's saw
Before See sawed Soar's seesaw,
See's saw would not have sawed
Soar's seesaw.
So See's saw sawed Soar's seesaw.
But it was sad to see Soar so sore
Just because See's saw sawed
Soar's seesaw!


While we were walking, we were watching window washers wash Washington's windows with warm washing water.

Nine nice night nurses nursing nicely.

I'm really sure that all of us very familiar with this kind of phrases. It is known as a tongue twister.When I was in primary school, my English teacher always give a phrase of tongue twister.We need to read it again and again until we are good enough to pronounce each words. It's really help me a lot at that time.I think tongue twister is one of the best way to works on students pronunciation.I'm not saying that this will work for everyone, but it is one more teaching tool that I can add to my repertoire.


So,what is the meaning of tongue twister??

A phrase that is deliberately designed to be difficult to say correctly, usually because of varying combinations of similar phonemes.

                                                                 Posted by: Quzaitul Izzati bt Hisham

The Prophet also said: "Acquire knowledge and impart it to the people." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 107

                                                                                  *Sharing is Caring! =)

No comments: